CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To buy or not to buy?

As the weather is morphing its way from winter cold to summer warmth my need for sweaters is diminishing and short-sleeved shirts is increasing. I have a love/hate relationship with season changes. On the one hand it's nice to shift to a completely different wardrobe, on the other hand it means the variety of clothes needed is larger. I dislike all my clothes right now and am resisting the urge to significantly spruce up my attire options. We are not flush with money so I don't run out and buy clothes whenever I feel like it. I analyze what I have and try to determine what bear minimum would make me feel better about getting dressed every day. Then I shop very carefully, and with self-control, and I usually come home feeling good about my finds rather than guilty at unnecessary spending.
With pregnancy being in the works new regular clothes are not a very practical decision right now.
"But my wardrobe is so drab right now!!!" (in a whiny voice)
Logic, logic.
Maybe if there's a great sale somewhere I'll buy a shirt or two but for now I'll have to make do with what I have. Hopefully it won't be long before I get to go shopping for maternity clothes anyway.

1 comments:

jen's farmily said...

I'm more like you when it comes to clothes. I rarely buy them and when I do I try to get basic pieces that will last a while.