CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Stats

1. I am approximately 5'2" and weigh around 130 pounds. Obviously that's no Hollywood/ Nicole Richie-like figure but it'll do. I'm not skinny (who'd want their bones poking out anyway?) but I'm no where near fat. I am generally okay with my physique but to loose 10 pounds is a never ending desire of mine.

2. I have a fairly healthy food lifestyle - I love food and eat it! Seriously though, as much as I'd like to eat BigMac's , onion rings and ice cream every day, I know it would eventually kill me and not be agree wtih my finances. I do my best to incorporate a respectable amount of vegetables and fruit into my diet. It is a deliberate effort and I'm not sure I would use the words 'enjoy' and 'vegetables' together very often. It's too bad they are so good for us, and that I actually feel better when I've been getting my veggies in. We never buy instant meals, and junk food is quite scarce in our household. I don't like pre-made meals and as for junk food, I do not have even an ounce of self control so if it's around, well, let's just say it doesn't remain so for very long. We cook meals nearly every day that I pre-plan. I do like to bake and socialize with friends so cookies and other desserts are eaten a few times a week; probably my biggest food downfall. Who can give up a gooey, warm, chocolate chip cookie? Theoretically, I hope to give up sugar for the duration of this next pregnancy. Am I crazy? I think so.

3. I enjoy exercise and have been quite diligent with it for many years. This past year I have been the most lazy and can certainly tell. For the last month, though, I've been back at it, trying to get my body in decent physical condition so that I can bear a child.

4. No one in my household smokes so that is not an issue. We do enjoy alcohol, mainly wine, and have it about once a week. I will give it up entirely once pregnancy is a possibility. I won't like that part but that's the way it is. I will also give up pretty much all caffeine. I know the debate is out there on its effect on pregnancies and since I'm not dependent on it I might as well eliminate it. Oh, but I'm sure there are mornings where I will cave!

5. Sleep. That is such a tough thing to get enough of sometimes. I know pregnancy increases ones need for sleep. Naps tend to screw up my night time slumber so I do my best not to, and involuntary dozing at work or while grocery shopping just isn't acceptable for some reason! This means I'll have to do what I can to get a proper night time rest. Evenings, after our child goes to bed, are our time, Time to quickly get a few things done around the house or relax as a couple. An early bedtime robs that. A baby robs so much more though, and the more I get before maybe the better I'll get through the latter deprivation???

6. I've been taking folic acid supplements for a month now. My doctor strongly advises it because that is one of these most essential aides for a developing baby.

0 comments: